The Panhandle-Plains Historical Museum was founded in 1933 with the goal of preserving the history of the panhandle-plains region of Texas and surrounding areas. Located on the campus of West Texas A&M University, it is the state’s largest history museum with almost 3 million artifacts.
The goal of this project was to create a modern and cohesive brand for the museum that reflected the quality of its holdings and also appealed to a changing audience. The trademark represents both the shape of Texas’ panhandle and the double “P” of the museum's name, in addition to reflecting the layers of history and culture that make up this vast region.
Silver gelatin prints courtesy of the Library of Congress
Black and white photo of Palo Duro Canyon courtesy of The Project Gutenberg